War for Middle-earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shire

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Shire Empty The Shire

Post  Yrobryn Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:25 pm

The Shire was a peaceful and bountiful land in Eriador in northwestern Middle-earth. The race of people known as Hobbits lived there, largely forgotten by the outside world until events at the end of the Third Age brought them and their land to the attention of powers both good and evil.
The Shire was divided into four quarters called Farthings: the Northfarthing, Southfarthing, Eastfarthing and Westfarthing. There were also areas named for the families that traditionally inhabited them, most notably Tookland, the home of the Tooks around Tuckborough in the Westfarthing, and Buckland, where the Brandybuck family lived on the east side of the Brandywine between the river and the Old Forest.
The landscape varied across the Shire. The Green Hill Country stretched from Tuckborough in the Westfarthing across the north end of the Southfarthing and across much of the Eastfarthing. The Hills of Scary were located in the northern part of the Eastfarthing near the Brandywine River and there were stone quarries there. The Westfarthing included the chalky White Downs as well as the Far Downs.
Several smaller rivers flowed into the Brandywine: The Water began in the north - possibly in the North Moors - and flowed through Hobbiton and Bywater; the River Shirebourn, Thistle Brook, and Stockbrook all sprang from the Green Hill Country.

The Shire Lotro-the-shire1
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

https://warformiddle-earth.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Shire Empty Re: The Shire

Post  Yrobryn Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Finally, as the Brandybuck Bridge is crossed, Yrobryn and Maërwen know that they are definatly in The Shire.

We are here, almost in Hobbiton, Maërwen will you help me reasoning with the Hobbits? They can be very difficult to deal with. Yrobryn asked his companion
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Humm... Maërwen attention was focused in the view of the Shire. She never saw such landscape, so peaceful, so beautiful since she got lost in the Troll's forest.

What do you mean with difficult? She turned to him, trying to understand what he meant.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:50 pm

The Hobbits are not known for their trust in other races, they are very closed.

They kept walking, looking around.

It doesn't seems like but... Those little Halflings can be very brave. Haven't you heard the stories of Frodo, Sam and the Fellowship of the Ring? Yrobryn asked, forgetting that Maërwen lived almost all her life alone in a forest.
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:10 pm

The Fellowship of the Ring and Frodo weren't new to her. She remembered when she was a child, her parent told her their story. And about Legolas, the elf from Mirkwood and a couple of names.

Yes, I heard... And she keeps looking around impressed. I'll help as much as I can.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Good, we should rush so we can get done with this the soon as possible
Yrobryn said

A few minutes later Hobbiton was at sight, in the other side of the small river were those typical houses, imbued in the earth, the city was at peace with nature.

As they crossed teh river there could be seen small hobbits running around playing with eachother, happily.

I'm not sure with whoom i shall speak Yrobryn stated
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:49 am

She was looking at the houses that formed a small village. The people around were looking at them with a suspicious expression.
Maërwen dry swallowed.

They might have a leader. Or the older member of the village. I don't know...
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:31 pm

Yes indeed Yrobryn answered
Do you have someone in charge? Someone i can talk to? Yrobryn asked to an hobbit that was near a house

But the hobbit didn't answered, just pointed to a house. That house was on the top of the village, up the mount.
Thank you very much fine man Yrobryn said to the hobbit that just turn his face and ignored him completly

Yrobryn raised his eyebrows and shrank the shoulders
Let's go. he then said
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:36 pm

What a gentleman... Maërwen sighs.

And she followed Yrobryn, in direction of the mount.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:42 pm

As they arrived the indicated house Yrobryn knocked at the round door
Noone answered

Hello?! Yrobryn said knocking once more

What do you want from me? An Hobbit asked from behind them with agression in his voice
The hobbit was old and surely not happy to return home and see the two outlanders on his lawn

Are you the one in charge of the Halfling race? Yrobryn immediatly asked upon looking at him

There are no rulers or chiefs on our lands, what do you want from me? He asked once more after answering Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Maërwen was at Yrobryn's side and Beleg right behind her. She was disturbed with so much antipathy.

Fool! She thought upset.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Yrobryn looked at Maërwen before answering, he saw that she was upset with the lack of kindness comming from the old hobbit.
Calm down he thought
Master Hobbit, in fact we came with words of peril and danger from across Middle-earth, darkness is spreading from Mordor once more and it disturbs our peace. He said
We came to ask you for help, can we count with your brave warriors? He continued

No... The hobbit said Warriors?We have no warriors! and we don't care about what you are saying The old halfling said with conviction and malice in his words, not that he was evil, he was just...an old hobbit

Yrobryn opened his mouth to talk but nothing came out...he closed it and took a deep breath
Master Hobbit, we have nothing more to say and we shall leave, we just want you to contact us if you change your mind And Yrobryn exited the lawn and started walking down the hill

We are Hobbits! we don't like adventures! was what could be heared as Yrobryn and Maërwen walked down the mount
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Hearing his last words, Maërwen stopped walking, and turned back to the man.

Venerable hobbit, I shall remember you about 4 brave hobbits from a story I heard from my father when I was child. Four brave and adventurous men called Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin.
They and some other men were the responsibles for this peace we've been living in.
But as my friend Yrobryn, captain of Gondor said, this peace you hobbits like so much is about to be ruined by the dark forces. And they are getting stronger everyday. I can feel it. I tryed to ignore, but it is impossible.
And unless you want that hobbit's journey to be in vain, help us to fight darkness once more.
We shall be united against what is coming.

She finished her speech and was looking at the old hobbit.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:14 pm

The Hobbit froze with such intensity in Maërwen words, looking to his house's door and without turning to the two warriors he said
*Sigh*I shall gather the elders, you will hear from us soon in Minas Tirith and he entered his house without anymore words
Yrobryn looked at Maërwen and smiled Good, thank you, i was going to say: "When the time comes they shall join us" but that works too

We shall go now but...what are we going to do now? my quest is over, i have nothing in mind, just my return to Minas Tirith, what do you intend to do now? He asked

Last edited by Yrobryn on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:22 pm

She turned to Yrobryn and smilled.
Thank you. She said.
But don't you think it would be better if we stay here and wait for the answer of the elders?
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:35 pm

This will take some time, we better leave them in peace for now Yrobryn answered
It would be a shame to separate now from you Yrobryn then said, stating that Marërwen company was very enjoyable so far
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Well... I do not have a place to go now... Me and Beleg... I don't know where my home is... And... Sighs
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Yrobryn immediatly looked at her You can come with me! He said trying to hide his excitement about the idea of Maërwen returning back with him
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:27 pm

Going with you... She thought for a while. But where...?
Beleg was eating some green grass of the Shire.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:33 pm

I need to return home, to Minas Tirith, there is the front line of the war, you would prove very useful there. He said trying to convince her to come with him

Yrobryn then looked around, the sun was high and the plants were shining, the wind could be felt.
He looked to the horizon

Come with me Maërwen! The truth is i really appreciate your company.
He looked to her again
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isamu Ryu Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:16 pm

* Suddenly into view below came a white horse. The rider’s cloak streamed behind him, and his hood was thrown back; his silver hair flowed shimmering in the wind of his speed as he came closer to the pair. His ride was graceful and elegant. As he spoke to the pair with a voice that did not hide his Sindaria nobility.*

Greetings unto you.
Isamu Ryu
Isamu Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Yrobryn felt interrupted by the figure that came, but since Yrobryn was never knew by his rudeness but by is manners and hospitality, he said turning his head to him

Greetings for you too!

He could not fail to notice the accent, the nobility in his words.

What brings you across this lands? He asked with his finest voice, his accent, showing his own "men" nobility. Such seemed to be rare since the line of nobles broke with the passing time.
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Huumm... Greetings stranger...
Maërwen looked at the man suspicious. Though there was something familiar on him.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Isamu Ryu Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:13 pm

*Ryuu nodded slowly to both of them, acknowledging them both and he dismounted the horse with grace that befitted an elf.*

I am Isamu Ryuu. I was just.."passing by", these lands..

*His head turned to the green fields.*

When I chanced upon this ....meeting.

*Turning his head back once again to look upon the pair, slowly reading them both as he spoke to the elf in her head*
<<<manke is your eska nessa hin? >>

By the looks of it, you are probably from Minas Tirith, the nobility in you does betray you,rider..
Isamu Ryu
Isamu Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Slightly surprised Yrobryn answered

So i too noticed your nobility fellow traveler, your voice remembers me of old friends of mine, nobles elfs. He said remembering past adventures.

But tell me, where are you heading? He then asked
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: